St. Matilda's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»
testappdfhsgaf
by Admin Ghost Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:46 pm

» TEST APP BLAH
by Admin Ghost Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 pm

» Patient: Kasey Nez
by Kasey Nez Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:16 pm

» Who Plays Who
by Ace Yamada Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:56 am

» Face Claim
by Ace Yamada Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:52 am

» Ace Yamada
by Mod Nebby Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:38 pm

» Something Old, Something New
by Admin Ghost Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:10 am

» Kaboom. [tag: Eri]
by Nell Hedon Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:21 am

» Patient::Garrett Sutherland
by Admin Aubrey Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:24 am

» The Hubbard Center for the Unfit
by Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:33 pm

» Benjamin Bishop
by Admin Zephyr Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:47 pm

» Inna Svidrigailov
by Mod Lindi Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sophia Helene Travers

2 posters

Go down

Sophia Helene Travers Empty Sophia Helene Travers

Post  Dr. Sophia Travers Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:32 am

Sophia Helene Travers 2ymj6ok

-Travers, Sophia Helene-

Sophia Helene Travers 2ly3er4

Date of Birth: 09/19/1980
    Address: 047 Alercrest Avenue Presque Isle, Maine
    Physical Appearance:
    I'm Black/Brown/Blessed with a high level of melanin/African American. Take your pick. Outside of that, I'm five feet and four inches tall and have a medium build. I have a scar on my right middle finger, knife tricks are all fun and good until you slice you finger open. Was bit of a clumsy child.

-About the Job-

Which position are you applying for at St. Matilda, and why? Please tell us a little about what interests you in becoming a member of our capable staff.

I'm applying for one of the Psychiatrist positions. I've not a great deal of experience, only practicing for three years, but that also means I have no bad habits to undo when it comes to dealing with clients.
I'm interested in working with adults, and young adults it's a different mindset less turmoil, all the hormones of adolescence have evened out and you can really get to the deeper issues instead of cutting through growing pains to get there.

Why do you feel that you would be an asset to this facility? Please give any and all examples relevant to the position you are applying for.

I'm a fresh, willing mind with experience in adults and adolescents psychology, and in crisis situations. I'm not yet jaded and I'm still idealistic enough to believe I can make a difference but not so young to be reckless.

If you were to be offered the position, would you concede to a non-disclosure agreement knowing and understanding fully that you would be forbidden to discuss the facility's methods and procedures with anyone other than your fellow staff members? Would you agree to a background check? Would you agree to be rigorously tested for drugs?

Absolutely.

-Employment History-

Please list your three most recent employment experiences. If need be, may we contact these prior employers for reference purposes?

Shaw House- Bangor, Maine (Shelter for Adolescents. April 2009-July 2010)

Battered Women's Project- Houlton, Maine (October to December 2007)

Rachael House- Bangor, Maine (Shelter for Adult Men. November 2006-October 2007)

Of course you can contact an and all of them, I will provide the numbers on the attached supplement sheet.

What was the best job you have ever held down and why? Conversely, what was the worst job you have ever held down and why? What were your accomplishments and disappointments, and how did your experiences at these jobs help you grow on both a personal and professional level?

The best job was definitely the Rachel house. I think people kind of forget abut men and boys because of the way we socialize them. if a woman or a girl has a psychological issue, we rush to them with sympathy. If the same issues arises in a man we sort of back away and wonder what secrets they have. We see man as aggressors always even when in need. Rachel House defiantly taught me about serving underrepresented populations, and deal wing with men in Crisis.

The hardest place to work was Shaw house. Some of the stories told by these children were...difficult. And we were not well funded there were times when out of our own paychecks, staff had to pay for facility needs. and there was an incident there there caused me to leave that...I'd prefer not to discuss on paper.

-Personal History-

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If so, what was it, what were the consequences, and how did it affect your life?

Not at all.

Have you ever, at any point, suffered drug or alcohol addiction? If so, how did you overcome this particular adversity and how have you learned from it? Do you think these past experiences will have an impact on how you interact with the facility's patients in any way? Please explain why.

No, I have not.

-Written Interview-

What is your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness?

I think my greatest strength is that I'm a good board game player; it doesn't sounds like much but if you can buy all the railroads in monopoly in 5 turns, is pretty fun. I suppose it makes more sense to say that my greatest strength is being a generous winner.

My greatest weakness is genetic; I am a Narcoleptic. No I don't just keel over at random, but I do have sleep attacks where I either get incredibly tired or just kind of nod off. it makes driving almost imposable. But I've managed to live with it successfully. Also I'm allergic to apples.

What motivates or inspires you? What discourages you?

I'm inspired by the gradual changes that take a patient from admissions to release. I get discouraged by people who refuse to take care of themselves, I don't mean in a superficial sense but people who would rather be miserable when there is a clear choice not to be.

How do you deal with stress and/or pressure?

I'm a runner; so when I feel extra stress I grab my running shoes and hit the nearest trails. A good long run and the endophines released are the greatest high I can imagine.

Finally, tell us a bit about yourself.

I am a third generation Gullah, my parents are originally from St. Helena Island, South Carolina (Hence my middle name, Helene.) Every summer we returned to the island. I'm trilingual and a triplet, I was the first one out but the last one home. As a girl and up until my sophomore year of college I wanted to be a social worker. But the pay is low along with the respect and the level of real involvement and chance you can have in the lives of clients is minimal, I wanted do do more than just patch people haphazardly and sent them right out into the world again.

-Legal Documentation-

By applying for and accepting employment within any of our facilities, you hereby agree to abide by all rules and terms of service outlined in employee handbooks, rules and codes of conduct. You hereby agree to undergo a background check and/or drug test should Crane Pharmaceuticals feel it pertinent prior to accepting your application for employment. You hereby agree to undergo any further, random drug testing should it be necessary. You hereby agree to communicate and work in accordance with fellow facility staff in regards to the recommendations, demands, or outlines for treatment of the patients in the facility, and to comply with your immediate supervisor should she/he suggest differently. You hereby agree to waive your right to hold Crane Pharmaceuticals and its Subsidiaries responsible for any personal harm or distress incurred during or after employment. You hereby waive your right to communicate with any non-Crane Pharmaceuticals staff regarding any facility methods or procedures or patient information or treatments. Crane Pharmaceuticals and its Subsidiaries reserve the right to add or amend these terms of service at any time.

Please sign and date below.

Sophia Helene Travers 09/19/2010

Crane Pharmaceuticals ®2009, 2010

Last edited by Sophia Travers on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Sophia Travers

Back to top Go down

Sophia Helene Travers Empty Re: Sophia Helene Travers

Post  Admin Zephyr Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:10 pm

. Your Admission Form Is Pending .

Your admission form is pending, regarding the subject below. Please read the suggestions or requests carefully and edit your form appropriately.

• We just need a full street address for Sophia and then she's all set! Smile

One you have completed your changes to the admission form, please respond to this thread to inform us that you are done so that the form may be reviewed again. Thank you for your patience.

Admin Zephyr
Admin Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Sophia Travers Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:22 pm

Gah, so much Fail.
She has an address now!

Dr. Sophia Travers

Back to top Go down

Sophia Helene Travers Empty Sophia Travers

Post  Admin Zephyr Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:01 am

. Your Application for Employment Has Been Approved .

Crane Pharmaceuticals has approved your application for employment within our state of the art facility. Please read the information below for details, and don't forget to read the facility code of conduct and prohibited items guides.

Your Job Title Is Psychiatrist.
    Your Immediate Superior Is Dr. Nathaniel Brideston.
    Your Facility Administrator is Dr. Nathaniel Brideston.
    You have been assigned to Staff Apartment: 04

All staff are required to be on call while on site. All staff are required to be familiar with ward and grounds maps and conduct procedures. Duty shifts for ward and medical staff are on a rotating basis, and you may be required to work nights. All ward, occupational and medical staff must be certified to run group therapies by a Psychiatrist unless otherwise specified by the Facility Administrator.

Don't forget to go to the USERGROUP section to sign up for your St. Matilda Staff group! If you don't, you won't get a username colour, and the account will be subject to deletion during the next activity check. And don't forget to claim your play-by on the face claim and add your character to the who-plays-who.

Thank you for choosing a Crane Pharmaceuticals facility as your employer. We hope that your stay will be a pleasant one, and wish you every luck in your future career.

Admin Zephyr
Admin Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum