Benjamin Bishop

Go down

Benjamin Bishop

Post  Benjamin Bishop on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:43 pm

-Bishop, Benjamin Alexander Kendrick-

Date of Birth: 3/10/1954
    Address: 2527 St. Charles Ave
    New Orleans, LA 7031
    Physical Appearance: I am a middle aged man reaching six feet and a solitary inch in height (1.8542 meters). I’m of medium build, with my last weigh in, placing me at a healthy 183 pounds (83.0074 kilograms). My hair is beginning to grey and thin in places, nothing to be ashamed of at my age. I have a scar moving up my left arm, though it is normally concealed by my clothing.

-About the Job-

Which position are you applying for at St. Matilda, and why? Please tell us a little about what interests you in becoming a member of our capable staff.

Physician.

Dr. Brideston approached me with a job offer at my previous place of work and I would have been a fool not to take it. St. Matilda's is a large facility with a variety of patients, everything a man like myself could ask for in a place to work. I have worked in institutions before as well as my previous job as the Head of Medicine at the Hadley School for Troubled Youth. I would like to continue my work in this field as I find that patients in places like these are much more rewarding to work with as a doctor than at a normal hospital.

Why do you feel that you would be an asset to this facility? Please give any and all examples relevant to the position you are applying for.

I have much firsthand experience in way of dealing with patients needing special care due to my time serving as Hospital administrator at Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Trust as well as my time as a physician at The Maudsley Hospital. Likewise my teaching career at Cambridge will hopefully add to my desirability as a faculty member, for any younger members of the facility who are there for short term purposes or show a desire to pursue a medical career.

If you were to be offered the position, would you concede to a non-disclosure agreement knowing and understanding fully that you would be forbidden to discuss the facility's methods and procedures with anyone other than your fellow staff members? Would you agree to a background check? Would you agree to be rigorously tested for drugs?

Of course.

-Employment History-

Please list your three most recent employment experiences. If need be, may we contact these prior employers for reference purposes?

Hadley Institute for Troubled Youth - Head of Medicine, contact Headmistress Rosalyn Bennett

Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Trust - Hospital Administrator, contact Dr. Steven Downing, Ph.D.

Cambridge University - Professor of Medicine, contact Dean of Medicine, Dr. William Abrams, Ph.D.

What was the best job you have ever held down and why? Conversely, what was the worst job you have ever held down and why? What were your accomplishments and disappointments, and how did your experiences at these jobs help you grow on both a personal and professional level?

The best job I’ve ever held really is a tossup between my time at the GOS Hospital and my time teaching at Cambridge University. While I greatly enjoyed my time at The Maudsley Hospital, I found the demographic of both Cambridge and GOS Hospital to be much more to my taste. I enjoy interacting with young adults, seeing their minds blossom in a learning community. Being able to help shape and mold that potential into something useful and pleasing is one of my personal indulgences. Likewise taking both bodies and minds of young ones that are broken and helping them to heal and to walk away with something from the experience besides trauma is every doctor's wish; or I believe it is at least. In comparison the worst job I’ve ever held would probably have to be my time as janitor at The Maudsley Hospital. While the experience did help me to understand the inner workings of the hospital before I was actually working there in a medical profession, it was very unfulfilling.

-Personal History-

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If so, what was it, what were the consequences, and how did it affect your life?

I have never been accused or convicted of a crime, save for one particular male nurse who attempted to sue me for sexual harassment. My counter-suit for slander won out against his farfetched claims. The assault charges against him didn't help his claim much either. I did however leave my position at GOS due to this incident so that the hospital needn't suffer any blows to it's image.

Have you ever, at any point, suffered drug or alcohol addiction? If so, how did you overcome this particular adversity and how have you learned from it? Do you think these past experiences will have an impact on how you interact with the facility's patients in any way? Please explain why.

None. The only addiction I have is to my morning cup of tea and paper.

-Written Interview-

What is your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness?

I think of myself as a rather approachable person with many years of bedside manners keeping me collected and warm in all situations. My greatest weakness however would have to be chocolate. Aside from that I would say my need to over examine things. I tend to comb over files with a magnifying glass and take probably more time than should be spent looking over tedious details. I tend to be a bit anal retentive in that sense, but I refuse to have anything but a firm grip on any project I might undertake

What motivates or inspires you? What discourages you?

Progress motivates me.. Whether it's a patient's improving condition or breaking through a stubborn project, progress is what moves me forward each morning. Without hope of progress, this world would stop turning. Conversely, parents who do nothing for the wellbeing of their children (ie. lack of discipline, lack of proper medical care) and rude adults discourage me. Children can be forgiven and reformed, snuffing out rude and obnoxious behaviors. Adults however tend to be a harder case to crack.

How do you deal with stress and/or pressure?

I will admit I tend to seclude myself when I become stressed. I feel that removing myself from distractions makes it much easier to concentrate and get my work done. When a project becomes particularly irksome I tend to lock myself in my basement study and tear into it until I find a solution. In settings where my house is not involved, I tend to retire to small private places in order to "hear myself think" as it were. I feel that this procedure helps me to center myself before I go on with my day, clearing the cobwebs, if you will.

Finally, tell us a bit about yourself.

I tend to be a simple man with simple tastes. I'm happiest when I'm working on a difficult project and when I begin to have something to show for my efforts. I have neither a wife or children as medicine has always been the love of my life. I have a love of children and my adopted family never stops growing; though there are always the few precious ones that stand out in the crowd that I would do anything for.

-Legal Documentation-

By applying for and accepting employment within any of our facilities, you hereby agree to abide by all rules and terms of service outlined in employee handbooks, rules and codes of conduct. You hereby agree to undergo a background check and/or drug test should Crane Pharmaceuticals feel it pertinent prior to accepting your application for employment. You hereby agree to undergo any further, random drug testing should it be necessary. You hereby agree to communicate and work in accordance with fellow facility staff in regards to the recommendations, demands, or outlines for treatment of the patients in the facility, and to comply with your immediate supervisor should she/he suggest differently. You hereby agree to waive your right to hold Crane Pharmaceuticals and its Subsidiaries responsible for any personal harm or distress incurred during or after employment. You hereby waive your right to communicate with any non-Crane Pharmaceuticals staff regarding any facility methods or procedures or patient information or treatments. Crane Pharmaceuticals and its Subsidiaries reserve the right to add or amend these terms of service at any time.

Please sign and date below.

Benjamin Bishop 02/09/2011

Crane Pharmaceuticals ®2009, 2010

Benjamin Bishop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Benjamin Bishop

Post  Admin Zephyr on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:47 pm

. Your Application for Employment Has Been Approved .

Crane Pharmaceuticals has approved your application for employment within our state of the art facility. Please read the information below for details, and don't forget to read the facility code of conduct and prohibited items guides.

Your Job Title Is Physician.
    Your Immediate Superior Is Dr. Allison Blake.
    Your Facility Administrator is Dr. Nathaniel Brideston.
    You have been assigned to Staff Apartment: 11

All staff are required to be on call while on site. All staff are required to be familiar with ward and grounds maps and conduct procedures. Duty shifts for ward and medical staff are on a rotating basis, and you may be required to work nights. All ward, occupational and medical staff must be certified to run group therapies by a Psychiatrist unless otherwise specified by the Facility Administrator.

Don't forget to go to the USERGROUP section to sign up for your St. Matilda Staff group! If you don't, you won't get a username colour, and the account will be subject to deletion during the next activity check. And don't forget to claim your play-by on the face claim and add your character to the who-plays-who.

Thank you for choosing a Crane Pharmaceuticals facility as your employer. We hope that your stay will be a pleasant one, and wish you every luck in your future career.

Crane Pharmaceuticals ®2009, 2010
Admin Zephyr
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down